Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Music Weekend

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...!"
Truly, I love the music of Christmas! I love to sing it around the house, in the car, it's in my mind throughout the day, and I also like to sing it for other folks! This weekend has been a wonderful opportunity to do just that.

With my ole' pal, Jerry Bridges -- who I've known since we moved here in 1988, and sung with, and done many projects with over the years -- we did a couple of fun music shows this weekend. First, through a contact who heard me sing for the Republican Women of Williamson County, they asked us to sing at their church Christmas dinner party. It was at the Richland Country Club, and what a fantastic place that is! SO beautiful, and decorated perfectly for the season.



Jerry Bridges and I at Richland Country Club

We sang a variety of Christmas songs off our CD, and Jerry did a medley of some of the big hits he played on, wrote, and/or produced ("Puppy Love" by Donny Osmond, "More Than I Can Say," "Good Ole' Boys" by Waylon, "Luchenbach" by Waylon & Willie, etc.) Those were fun to sing, too!

We also sang a new gospel song Jerry wrote, called
"Greater Hands" -- the chorus goes like this:
     Greater hands, stronger hands
     Help me do the best I can
     When I'm to weary to understand
     I put my faith...in greater hands.
(It's under consideration for recording by both Martina McBride and Reba McEntire!)

The next night we did basically the same program for Jerry's congregation at Berry's Chapel Church of Christ, and they were also a delightful audience!


Jerry and I at Berry's Chapel
Such fun to sing with Jerry again. We haven't done it much in recent years, and it was great to be back at it. We were even talking about recording another project soon, so...we'll have to see!

Then tonight, I'm singing at our Ward Christmas party, and tomorrow night our stake is providing the "angel choir" for the Live Nativity presentation involving multi-denominational musicians and people acting out the people in the nativity. Should be fun!

Fa-la-la-la-la!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...