Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tender Mercies and Large Bladders

Amazing what a few days off will do...my brain goes on vacation when I'm not tied so firmly to my regular tightly-wound schedule. I had a friend of mine ask me to just go to her house nearby on Christmas night and the next morning to let her dogs out while she was in Kentucky...problem is, I remembered TONIGHT (2 days after Christmas!!) And, truth be told, STEVE remembered, I didn't even! So I rushed over there tonight, bringing Chris with me for moral support, prepared to clean up any kind of doggy-doo-doo messes that may have occurred. Fortunately, my friend had returned home, and was delighted to see me, and thanked me for taking care of her dogs while she was gone.

First, I cautiously asked if everything was okay, and if the dogs were fine when she returned...then I sheepishly, humiliatedly, deeeeeeeply apologized for not even remembering to come over one of the two times she requested! She said the dogs were fine, there were NO messes, and she had just assumed that everything went fine for me, because the house was perfect, and she was so appreciative! How EMBARASSING!! I apologized profusely, told her that normally I really can be trusted and counted on...apologized some more, and walked out of her house with my proverbial tail between my legs. On the way home, Chris and I pondered on remarkably large doggy bladders, and what a blessing they were to me at this particular moment. He also reminded me that it looked like "no harm, no foul" -- and it sounded like I'd be taking her to lunch soon. Yep, Kim, do you like Chinese or Mexican??