Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grateful

Yesterday and today my newly-merged company, Corizon, finished the "consolidation of corporate office positions" -- in other words, laid off the people whose jobs overlapped at each of the offices. We ended up losing like 35 people out of our 200 at the Brentwood office. It was about the same number at the St. Louis office.

We have all lived in fear over the past three months, as this merger has played out, knowing that after the June 3rd finalization the cuts would come.



I am GRATEFUL that my position has been retained -- there is nobody at the St. Louis office doing what I do. I am so thankful to still be employed, have benefits, work for Jon Walker (who is a great boss), and to (at least for now) have the security of a regular paycheck. I know that a lot of things are still changing, and my job duties may change. But for now, I HAVE a job! YAY!

And...I'm finally getting an assistant -- DOUBLE YAAAAY!!!

1 comment:

diannealexan@gmail.com said...

Great news, Lynette. Congratulations. Now maybe you can enjoy the remainder of the summer.

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...